Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tribal3140, Jan 30, 2006.

1. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    This is a long story so get some snax!

I sold my eventide eclipse to this studio in florida to pay for my stambaugh that was finished.
    well I guess usps damaged it and I told the guy/studio to send it back, i'd refund the $$ and make the claim. He used fdedex to ship back and this is what happens....
    I am out of town and even am having my mail fowarded to our place in FLA. the package was delivered and signed for by what appears to be T L and then scribbles. I am 500 miles away and NOBODY was there. I come home and no package and theres that signature on the file!
    This A-hole in FLA files a paypal claim " not as described"
    and they take my $1400 and hold it. He also files a claim with fedex and I quote fedex " the signature on file is good enough and the claim is denied" his claim!
    Paypal bases thier judgement on the fedex signature and give the $$ back to him!

no eventide no money !!!!!! This is a kicker too, the driver, who obviously signed my name or initails leaves a doortag that reades " need your signature for a package that was delivered here" but claims someone in a "pickup" signed for it the delivery date.

the fedex claims dept wont talk to me because I didnt file the claim and the guy at the studio in FLA claims to be the original seller!! I have all the papaerwork that I am the seller and he is lying.

Help I am screwed and it seems that theres nothing I can do
    PLEASE help me I have phone calls into consumer lawyers but I dont know if they'll take it because its only $1400.

ask your friends and family what I can do as a recourse
    I really feel violated.:confused:
  2. xonebass

Feb 17, 2005
    Orange, CA
    Hopefully if you've got good documentation on the equipment and good documentation of what has occured you should be able to take this to small claims court and contest your case against Paypal and FedX.

Barring that, if you have insured the equipment through your home or if you have rental insurance you should be able to file a claim that the merchandise was stolen (which it was when the FedX driver signed for it).
  3. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    You MAY get lucky if you file a small claims case in YOUR local court system. It depends but typically on the trial date if the defendent fails to show you MAY win almost automatically. Then the problem is trying to collect.Xonebass may have a good point, if you have a homeowners or rental policy you may be able to recoup $

I am really sorry to hear about this , makes me nervous as I have my new 4003 ric showing up tommorow via UPS, I don't think I feel so good , I may have to call in sick and rest at home all day.
  4. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    The problem with hiring a lawyer is , around here, they charge about $150.00 an hour + expenses, may cost you thousands more than you lost just to win 5 years later.

In Indiana, where I live, I have filed state atty general complaints online with good results. They won't sue anybody but they can give them a hard time, places like fed ex surely won't like this. It has worked good for me in the past.

Maybe every body on talk bass could send you one dollar each to help you out. I would be glad to be the first.
  5. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    I am really hesitant to go through small claims.
    I went there 2 times and it seems that realy legal procedure has no place there!
    I couldnt believe the preceedings that I witnessed!
    I judge ruled that I was in the right but judged against me because" I should have dont it anyway to make the other guy happy" what kind of literal nonsense is that. I couldnt believe it and I was just disgusted by that kind of rhetoric form a judge!
    Thanks for the tips I hope theres a hundred more tips on avenues to go!
    It just sux I have never had a problem with UPS or the post office
    fedex makes me want to go postal.:mad:
  6. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    You know it's water under the bridge but I would not trust sending a 1400 bass using USPS. UPS are more expensive but at least Brown usually comes through. I bought a bass from Oregon and ten trucks later, it arrived in tact.

Now let me get this straight. You sold a bass to get another bass but the bass you sold got damaged in shipping so the buyer filed a claim with Paypal and Fedex (why Fedex I don't know) and got his 1400 back but you never received your bass because apparently Fed Ex delivered it to your address, but you were away and whoever signed for it was in a pickup truck and presumably just drove away with a damaged bass.

First of all the guy you are dealing with in Florida is a dick. I can understand him wanting his cash back but he should have at least notified you he was shipping it back and sent you tracking information so you could monitor the shipment.
    I really don't know what to tell you except this sounds like the deal from hell......
  7. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    I sold my eventide eclipes effects processor,
    I have the tracking and its like 3 pages long.
    Nobody was there to sign for it!
    I live on a cul de sac with 5 large homes in it in the back of a nice subdivision theres no was in h*ll that anybody signed for it,
    the driver must have gotten sick of trying to deliver and signed my initals to rid himself of the package.
    eilther he took it or ?
    I just dont have A.) the eclipse
    B.) my money.