1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PayPal dispute or credit card chargeback

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tycobb73, Nov 15, 2018.

1. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    I bought a guitar online for $2300 of of reverb. Seller is a luthier / guitar store. It was in worse condition than i thought. They denied my return request and won't respond to reverb. Reverb advised a paypal dispute. Im thinking credit card chargeback but will call them both and talk to them before i make my decision. What 1 would you guys do and why?

2. credit card is faster i found and more likely to side with you, especially if you hold multiple products with them.

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I think it'll have to be paypal. I'm assuming your credit card was connected to the paypal account so a credit card dispute would be against paypal whereas the paypal dispute will be against the seller. I could be wrong.

4. paypal will charge it back to the seller

5. twinjet

twinjet GE90-equipped Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I'd go up the ladder. PayPal first, then Visa/MC/etc. They'll have your back if you have an issue.