would you rate them?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by XIbanez4lifeX, Mar 9, 2006.

1. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Have you had any problems with them?

I have heard mostly good things about PAYPAL but some website out there totally bashes PAYPAL and warns people about using them.

I have heard they keep phone #"s to reach them very hard to find. I reads sometimes they freeze accounts so you can't get your money. This could be coming from a few disgruntled users.

Any thoughts?
  2. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

Yep. IMO they pretty much stink.

They tack on fee's all over the place. Their exhange rate is way over what you would pay in any normal bank (plus they actually have an extra fee to exchange money). They are very hard to reach by phone. Unfortunately many people are stuck with using Paypal, myself included. Whenever possible, I will pay with M.O. It's takes longer, but cheaper in the long run.
  3. Its easy to use when it works

But it offers sod all protection to the buyer, i bought a rack case last year SKB 8U shockmount case, and it was in "nearly new condition, only a couple scrapes on the surface", and when i got it, one of the latches was missing and 3 of the others didnt work or were hanging off, i informed paypal, and they set up the dispute thing, in which the seller said that the case was damaged like that when he sent it, basically admitting he misadvertised it, but they did not do anything about it!
  4. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i've had no problems with paypal thus far....i better go knock on some wood :D

5. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

No problems at all. I think most people say their claim thing is bad. Like the guy above ^^^^^^^ I don't ever really buy from anyone under 10 feedback or 95% so I never have those problems.
  6. fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I've never had a big problem with them, but their customer service is awful and difficult to contact. I think their fees are exorbitant, too.
  7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I, fortunately, have not had a problem with PayPal either accepting or receiveing payments.

The fees ate pretty much the same as a business that accepts credit cards. It's the price of doing business and it's fast and convenient.
  8. The person i bought from had ~300 feedback, and was 99. something %, so i thought i was safe . . .