1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Paypal Question for Mods

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by tycobb73, Oct 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    A gentlemen on here from Denmark asked me to sell my bass to him. He has 0 feedback and roughly 50 posts over a 15 year period here. He'll use a a shopusa.com account so I just have to ship the bass to VA. I'm still apprehensive. If he is unsatisfied for any reason I'm on the hook if we use payapl. In this situation can I use paypal gift. I don't want to be responsible for a bass that shipped all the way to Denmark then have to pay return shipping from Denmark because he doesn't like it for whatever reason. He's probably a good guy, but the situation makes me nervous.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    when you use paypal gift you give up the right to any recourse

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    the gift option is far more dangerous for the buyer than the seller because as David said, buyer gives up any recourse should the deal go bad or your item not be as it was described. it would also be against the rules for you to ask someone to make the payment via the gift option.

what i usually tell people is that if any part of a deal makes you uneasy, don't go through with it.