1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PBass Badass (not II) replacement recommendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bumperbass, Mar 1, 2013.

1. bumperbass

bumperbass Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Well, I bought ANOTHER P-Bass. Got a great deal on it so I couldn't pass it up. It's got the Badass bridge on it. NOT THE BADASS II. The three screw holes do line up, but I don't like the weight or the looks of this bridge. The saddles are almost bottoming out, but the strings are low enough for me.
    So, my question:
    I took it off and sure enough, the finish is dented. It must have been on there for a while.
    Does anybody know of a replacement bridge that will be long enough to cover up the indented finish? I was thinking of maybe a Gotoh 201? Is the Gotoh lighter? I read somewhere that it's slightly longer than the Badass? I like the Gotoh's looks but was wondering if there was another 'bent plate' style bridge that would cover?
    Thanks for any wisdom anybody could rain down on me.