PBass Bridge Replacements

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by donkeywrestler, Apr 7, 2001.

1. donkeywrestler

Jan 6, 2001
    I got a fender american p-bass; i think the bridge delivers a lack of sustain and sounds rather coarse. i was wondering if there were any bridge replacements that allows the strings to go through the body.
  2. You're in luck! The Gotoh #206 is built this way, has more mass, and yet doesn't look totally "unstock" when installed. Try www.allparts.com for a decent pic and specs. I think it uses a stock Fender screw pattern but I could be wrong.
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    You were on the right trail :)

The Gotoh 206 does allow for the strings to go through the body, but it doesn't have the same screw configuration as a stock Fender bridge. The 201 has the same screw configuration, and it looks more "stock", but doesn't allow for string through body.
  4. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
      201             206

[​IMG]   [​IMG]

Don't forget the ferrules :D ...

(click da' pics)
  5. I once read someone had his Badass bridge modified for string-thru-body. Given you have access to the right tools it shouldn't be a major problem to convert a Gotoh 201 for thru-body stringing i think.

6. donkeywrestler

Jan 6, 2001
    These bridges are only $25. Would they still be a step up from the original stock bridge? Thanks for all who've replied.