Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PBass Bridge Replacements

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by donkeywrestler, Apr 7, 2001.

1. donkeywrestler

donkeywrestler

Jan 6, 2001
    I got a fender american p-bass; i think the bridge delivers a lack of sustain and sounds rather coarse. i was wondering if there were any bridge replacements that allows the strings to go through the body.

2. You're in luck! The Gotoh #206 is built this way, has more mass, and yet doesn't look totally "unstock" when installed. Try www.allparts.com for a decent pic and specs. I think it uses a stock Fender screw pattern but I could be wrong.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    You were on the right trail :)

The Gotoh 206 does allow for the strings to go through the body, but it doesn't have the same screw configuration as a stock Fender bridge. The 201 has the same screw configuration, and it looks more "stock", but doesn't allow for string through body.

4. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

[​IMG]   [​IMG]

Don't forget the ferrules :D ...

[​IMG]

(click da' pics)

5. I once read someone had his Badass bridge modified for string-thru-body. Given you have access to the right tools it shouldn't be a major problem to convert a Gotoh 201 for thru-body stringing i think.

Bert

6. donkeywrestler

donkeywrestler

Jan 6, 2001
    These bridges are only $25. Would they still be a step up from the original stock bridge? Thanks for all who've replied.