1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD PBC / Dave Bunker GTB512 Headless 6-String Bass - Walnut Top, Sick Flame Maple Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    TRADED

Here's something you don't see every day! This is an older PBC GTB512 (older version of the current GTB356 that Dave is currently offering for almost $4000). Features the headless design with Tension Free neck that Mr. Bunker patented long ago. Sweet Walnut Top combined with an amazing flame maple laminated neck and alder back, EMG DC soapbars & preamp. Has the string retainer on top so you can use normal single ball strings.

Full specs can be found on Dave Bunker's current website:
    http://davebunkerguitars.com/gtb_356.html

When I got this bass, it had the PBC logo on the top of the body and the "C" was missing, so I had the whole logo professionally removed as I prefer it that way anyway. It also had a finish crack around the control knob area and I had that professionally repaired as well - you can barely tell that it's been done. The bass has been used regularly and has some "love" on it - top is very clean, some minor marks on the back. Neck is smooth, frets are near perfect, fretboard is like new. I bought it and wanted to really love it, but the neck is just too wide for my stubby hands. It's just over 17mm spacing at the bridge. Action has been professionally set low (pics taken prior to the setup).

Selling for $1000 shipped in the US. Ships in a Brian Moore guitar case that fits like a glove (almost like it was made for this bass). International shipping is no problem, just PM me for a quote.

And now, on to the pRon!
    PBCB11.

PBCB2.

PBCB8.

PBCB7.

PBCB10.

PBCB1.

PBCB3.

PBCB5.

PBCB4.

PBCB6.

PBCB9.

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Oh, crud....one too many strings. The upgraded string retainer is a definite plus! GLWTS

Riis

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I almost bought the 5 string version of this from Ed Roman back in 1995 or so. Man I wanted that thing so bad! These are awesome.

4. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    How much does it weigh? is it passive or active?

Thanks

5. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Yeah, I'm currently scouring the net looking for a 5-string version. :)

The bass weighs 9lbs, 11 oz. Most of it is due to the massive bridge. But the bass feels far lighter when strapped on due to the lack of a headstock - it balances beautifully. The bass is active (EMG active pickups with active preamp).

6. notrt

notrt

Jun 29, 2004
    PM on this headed your way, and thanks!

Richard Collins

7. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Trades?

8. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Not looking for anything in particular right now, but I will always look at interesting trades.

9. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Still available?

10. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    This appears to have two tension-free rods and one mambo anchor pin at the ~17th fret. Almost makes me want to take up the 6 banger!

Riis

11. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Yes, it's still available. Been enjoying it actually. :)

You should have at least one sixer, don't you think? Wouldn't want you to be caught unprepared for a song that required that high C. :)

12. Tight underwear takes care of the high notes.....oh, sorry, I guess you meant bass, not vocals.

Free bump for a cool bass - I have one too.

13. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    How about a custom 5 string fretless?

14. stix_clgi

stix_clgi Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    How 'bout two kidneys, a spleen, and a Squier deluxe? Final offer......

Lol

15. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    TRADED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.