1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PC based effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nonohmic, Mar 28, 2006.

1. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Does anyone here use computer based effects live? eg Guitar Rig etc
    And if so whats your setup?

2. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    I tried it - once.

Too damn complicated to set up, there was the constant fear of a laptop crash, I had to plan all these complicated patches out ahead of time so there was no flexibility, and the more "freaky" (or so I thought) effects ended up being completely lost in the mix.

Since then I've gone back to all single stompers, mostly analog, including a few I've built myself. Much more satisfying.

But if you still want to try, I was using Plogue Bidule as a host.

Guitar Rig 2 might make it all much easier, especially with the new dedicated Rig Kontrol 2. You still have the possibility of a computer crash though. If money was no object, it might be cool to run Guitar Rig on the Muse Receptor.

-- T. G. --

3. i hear that the recepter is still a little unstable, but i'm not sure.
    i am considering using my line6 toneport with gearbox software live, i don't know if i will, but it could work...