Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PC Based on Laptop recording

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Deman669, Jun 11, 2001.

1. I've been reading a discussion about PC based vs. dedicated machine HD recording, and one of the big issues brought up was portability. i am about to get a laptop, and I had this great idea. I saw the Digigram laptop recording card...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/shop/rec/010611112122163150018013137118?pid=240075

This is where it's at! I have Cakewalk Sonar, I'll put it on my laptop, put this card in, and have a portable PC-based recording system! What do you think? Also...If this works as I think it does, I'll need some type of preamp to get to RCA, or SPDIF. what do you suggest?

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Small Mackie? That card looks very cool!! I use Sonar on my laptop as well, to mix already recorded tracks, I record them on the desktop. This woiuld allow for both. Looks like a good deal.