1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

PC SPEAKERS..NEED ADVICE..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kukulkan61, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    I want to upgrade my cheesy speakers on my pc, I use it a lot for learning songs and general listening. I want it to sound good and important to hear all instruments, they would have to be powered and not expensive say 400 budget..desk top styles
    Thanks TB....

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  2. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Hello. You didn't say what size speakers you wanted. But you could try these and probably you would be pretty happy:

ADAM Audio - T5V Active Studio Monitor (Nearfield)

A street price example on Amazon

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  3. Kukulkan61

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
  4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I use Corsair SP2500 system. I don't believe they're still in production. Output is 250 watts RMS with the sub.

TD

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  5. Kukulkan61

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Should I get monitors or stereo speakers?

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  6. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    The stereo speakers. I've used these Bose speakers since 2012, at least. They sit on top of my M-Audio monitors. The Boses are plugged into the motherboard sound card (Realtek) and the monitors are plugged into my audio interface (Tascam).

I have Windows default to the Bose (Realtek) audio.

I'd recommend these (wired), plus they're only $100 vs $250.

Bose Companion® 2 Series III Multimedia Speaker System

cq5dam.web.1000.1000.

One weird thing about this photo (and all the others on the page linked to above)...

Unless they've changed the wiring over the years, the speaker with the volume control is the LEFT speaker in the stereo pair.

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  7. For small size and big sound , Bose all the way. They make several speakers that are both computer specific and a few that can be used with just about anything including your computer. Fortunately , I have a Bose outlet about 15 miles from the house. I picked up a small single speaker that plugs into my 'puter earphone outlet and also works with Seahags (my lovely wife) cell phone. Sounds great and I have no problem picking out bass lines on it. Think I paid around $80 for it. I can also plug it into my crap Wall-Mart radio that I take to work.

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  8. Kukulkan61

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Offer up Score!!!
    Barely used Klipsch R-15PMs and all cables and remote for 120.00 and he thru in the Yamaha Sub for Free!!!
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!
    Thanks All !! 20181114_153138.

TheMaartian likes this.
  9. fingerguy

fingerguy Banned

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    IMHO you don't need to pay more than $100. Just find something with a subwoofer and that is all you really need.

Kukulkan61 likes this.
  10. Kukulkan61

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    I did!! The pic above shows what I scored for 120.00!!!