Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peace Billboards

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Michael Manring, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi folks,

I apologize if this is off-topic, but I thought I'd pass along a message I got from acoustic bass guitar builder Dave Maize:

"...me and some friends who are part of a peace group, are trying to raise some money to get a bunch of billboards posted around the country with a peace message. The first boards will have the image of an american flag, a dove superimposed, and the text 'Peace is Patriotic'. so far we have ad agencies in about 20 cities who will run these at a public service rate, which is far cheaper. We have enuf. to post about in about 8-10 locations right now, but would like to have many more go up.
    Soooo.. I was wondering if any of your associates in music might be able to help - we are doing this totally in our spare time - I should be building a bass right now but I really want to help show that not everyone wants to go to war. You can check out the billboard image at
    www.peaceroots.org"

2. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Michael,

Thanks. It is an important message.

Mike Dimin