1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peaceful Easy Feeling- Eagles

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by moten33, Mar 29, 2013.

1. moten33

moten33

Jan 7, 2012
    Albion, NY
    I have to play this at a show tomorrow and am stuggling to find something simple and workable. I know its a pretty simple straightforward song but any advice would be appreciated.

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    1. do not overplay. This song is best presented as a vocal showcase, assuming the band has them. Simple and clean playing that lets the vocals ring through is the order of the day when playing Eagles covers (for the most part).

Whole notes are just fine for the verse, let the drums carry the rhythm, then half notes for the chorus.

Verse E and A, 3x then E, A, B
    Chorus A, E, A, B, E, F#, A, E

Oh right, this is country rock... Root V rotations are assumed for half notes., you can also do Root V for the verse but I think mixing the feel up a little works best.

Grab a harmony note. It's a fun song to sing harmony on!

Hope that helps.

3. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    The bass pattern throughout the song is a fairly consistent root-five, with the rhythm being dotted quarter, eighth, half note. (One and two and three four). There are some fills here and there but they're not critical if you just need something simple and workable. As 4mal said, keep it simple and you'll be fine.

4. frozenbolt

frozenbolt

Jan 28, 2013
    Shevegas
    The pattern is actually quite simple through the whole song. It follows the chord roots, throughout, but uses the lower fifth, so start your E up at either the 7th position or up on the 2nd string and bounce between that and the lower 5th. Of course, if the key is different, you'll have to follow that (I play the song in D on the guitar).

But it's a classic country "bop" beat, kinda like, "bump.....ba-dump" throughout the whole song, including the lead guitar riffs, so once you combine that with the roots, it'll all fall into place.

The chorus is a bit different in that it adds one more chord, but the beat still stays the same, so if you have the chords, you'll be able to slide the F for the F#m in there without too much effort.

That'll do in a pinch when you only have one day to throw it together. Of course, once you get familiar with it, you can add some fills, if you want.

Good Luck,
    'Bolt