Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peaey Bam 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xax712, Feb 18, 2002.

1. xax712

xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    Ok right now I have a Peavey and I've been looking around at other amps for the past few weeks to give myself a goal to work towards. But I had been looking at everything except Peaveys. But today something came over me and I checked out Peaveys current stuff. Ok please somebody tell me about the Bam 210. I plan to trya dn go play one tomorrow, but it's a 45 minute drive to my closest Peavey dealer and I'm not even sure they'll have one in stock. But what I want to know is what you guys think about them. On paper they are very impressive. I know my current Basic 112 is very reliable, but it retails for 25% or the Bam, so IS THIS THING REALLY AWESOME?

Thanks,
    Brad (xax712)

2. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Yes, It's awesome.

There are already a couple big threads about it. Do a search.

3. brandonwhite

brandonwhite

Jan 2, 2002
    AR
    Brad-

They are freaking amazing! I'm going to buy the one at Siglers...i hope. But man, you have got to try one out. They are so cool. I wanna add a peavy 4x10 underneith the bam 2x10. Nice? I think so. ;)

4. xax712

xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    Brandon--
    Was that what you were playing with at your last show? The one in Lincoln? How much is Sigler's wanting for one and have you gone to Ben Jack's and checked them out yet. I plan on heading over to Ben Jack's, Big Harry's, and Sigler's today and checking them out, but I had thought about putting a 15 underneath instead of a 4x10. Didn't know what you thought about that?
    Anyway catch you later and good luck tonight at JR's I can't make it. But tell me when you get a hold of it, I wanna come check this thing out when you;ve got it to see all the tricks to be learned.
    Brad

5. This amp is friggin cool. I am about to leave to sign the papers on mine. I am buying the first one in my area. I will be the envy of all of my peers.;)

Anyway I played it with a 15 cab and it sounded great. It even sounded great through my 2x10 cab. Either way I like the thing.

6. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    If you wait a little you can use Peavey's new pro series cabs instead of the TVX, for extension. You could go ahead and buy the BAM itself now though.