Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peak light flashes,,,,limiter light doesnt....AHHHH

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PollyBass, Jul 22, 2001.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey, i am always getting screwed with gear, i dont know WHAT happened this time. i just got my rig back from where i was keeping it at. i get home, and find out that if i turn the "tube drive" Knob more than 3 the PEAK light flashes wildly. my limiter light doesnt even flash, just that stinkin red PEAK LIGHT! i dont understand....do i need a new pre amp tube? its a tube/soilid state hybrid type deal. and yes the limiter is on.

2. Do you have an active or passive bass? Do you have active AND passive inputs to your amp? If you have an active bass and plug into the passive input, your peak light will come on at a lower input gain setting.

Be happy that your limiter light isn't coming on. That just means that you aren't pushing your amp past its limits. When your limiter comes on, you know that's as loud as you're going to get.

You should make sure that the peak light only blinks slightly with your loudest notes. That is, unless you want to distort it.

- Dave