1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peak Light w/ Headphones

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassist4dalord, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Hello all!! I'm using a Crate BFX100 (100-Watt 1x15" Combo w/ Built-In Effects) with my headphones and the peak and limit (two seperate lights) lights are coming on. It's nowhere near painful in my headphones, nor is it very loud. For reference, I use a Squier Affinity Jazz V w/ Chromes, fingers only, and EQ is set at Bass: 9 Mid: 4 Treble: 6. I need to know if this is detrimental to the health of my amp, since it bypasses the speaker. HELP!! Thanks!

EDIT: Gain is 5, Master is 4.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    No, there is absolutely no risk to the amp at all. Whether using headphones or playing through the speaker, just be sure to listen for any buzzing or flapping of the phones/speaker, as that sort of noise is an indication of potential harm to the speaker. Distortion cannot harm the amp itself, and regardless it sounds like you are not causing distortion anyway.

3. K!! Thanks dude. :bassist: