1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pearce BC-1 in a pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LSMFT6, Aug 8, 2012.

1. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    John Myung and Billy Sheehan have some of my favorite dirt sounds and they both use it, is there a pedal that comes close? If not, someone should get on that. It's one of the most coveted SS preamps and having its sweet tones in a pedal would be a pretty good selling point.

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I find the trusty TS circuit can cop the sound quite well. I personally use the TC Nova drive, which has two, independent channels of OD and Distortion, that can get quite close too.

However, if you're prepared to wait, Billy Sheehan is working on an overdrive pedal with EBS. No proper details yet, but he's mentioned it himself numerous times on the Attitude Bass facebook group. I for one, am quite excited!

3. G.Bisson

G.Bisson

Feb 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Interested!

4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    You might be interesting in know there is now more information on the EBS pedal. Billy held a clinic at the weekend and demoed it. I wasn't there but lots of photos and vids were posted on the Attitude owners facebook group. Private group, so you need to ask permission to join - quite easy though.

Essentiallu, it appears to be tube screamer inspired with drive tone and level controls, and a separate clean level dial rather than the usual blend, which gives a pseudo 2 channel type setup. Oh, and it also has built in compression, with a switch for off, mids or highs.

Here's the clever part though on each side there's a TRS insert fx loop, one for the clean signal and one for the drive signal. Meaning you can insert a compressor, eq or what ever into the clean side, and perhaps a mid boost eq in the dirty. Replicating the features of the Pearce, but in pedal format. Therefore, if you like a bucket load of compression (as Billy does, so do I for that matter), it won't affect the drive tone. This is great news for me, as I've been struggling to do this with what's out there at the moment.

Apparently it'll be announced at NAMM in Jan, and released a couple of months after that. I'll be at the front of the queue to get one!

5. LSMFT6

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Very interesting. Someone should post some pictures here since I feel that joining the Attitude group would betray my Carvin loyalty, heh.

6. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex

image-1467973086.

7. LSMFT6

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    Thanks!
    Not a big fan of the color/graphics, but i'm sure it sounds awesome.

8. e-kill

e-kill

Apr 24, 2001
    Sweden / Stockholm
    Have a gander