Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pearce BC1 Preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sapo, Aug 2, 2000.

1. Anybody know where I can get an owner's manual for a Pearce BC1? I tried a place called DB Music in Buffalo but they've been unresponsive.

2. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Sapo, who did you talk to at DB? They are hard to reach and very inundated with work. I maybe able to find some info on these. Give me a few days. Billy Sheehan used to use one of these. How did you get in touch with DB?

Try Bass Central. They have one for $299. Call them and ask. I'll check back with DB for you. Here's the link.
    http://www.basscentral.com/amps.html

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited August 02, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited August 02, 2000).]

3. Doug,

The guy did sound preoccupied. He was trying but not having any luck finding the BC1 info. He was able to find info on the G1 in a matter of minutes.

I can't remember his name. He wasn't rude or anything like that.

I found out about DB Music by doing a search on Pearce Electronics. Their web site says they are a service center.

i was able to acquire a BC1. Unfortunately, I don't have the manual, schematics, or a footswitch for it.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

[This message has been edited by Sapo (edited August 02, 2000).]

4. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Sorry that last link wasn't working properly. Try this one. Go to amps, then used. It looks like a BC1.
    http://www.basscentral.com/

I'll see what I can drum up in the meantime.

5. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Here's another idea. Try posting your question, in the discussion forums, at Ampage. You might get a better response.
    http://www.ampage.org/

6. OK, I'll check that out.

7. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I just saw a Pearce 600-watt head in the local classifieds. Pretty cheap. Anyone have experience with it? I remember the ads with Billy Sheehan from the 80's-2 channels, distortion, and a ridiculous blue leather jacket.

8. Doug,

I was able to track Dan Pearce down. He works for Ashly now. I sent him an email but a person at Ashly told me he's currently on vacation. Bummer.

9. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    I'm sure he'll get back to you. If not just keep sending him emails. I'm still searching myself. Hopefully I can find something for you. Here's another thought, try emailing Billy Sheehan. He's used one of these for years. I've sent him emails in the past and he's returned every one of them. He may know where you can get one. Although it sometimes takes him awhile to reply back. What have you got to lose? Here's his email address:

billy@billysheehan.com

10. I got excited when all those threads got bumped!!!

as i had just got back from fiddling with my pearce bc-1 and thought "ahh!! some discussion about them!"

:mad:

11. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Anthony...what do you want to discuss???

12. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    All you have to do is pay for a supporting membership to post your gear for sale.

This is gonna be found by the mods and closed, for sure. If you've got something to sell, don't abuse TB!:mad:

13. i would never abuse anything. I was not aware of this.

14. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
  15. pbass2go

pbass2go

Dec 19, 2004
    Apple Valley, MN
    If you still need the manual or schematic, e-mail me. I have both and my old BC-1 in my rack of "never used but never forgotten gear"....

16. GaBRiFuZZ

GaBRiFuZZ

May 11, 2009
    Italy
    Hi bassman, I'm searching for the Pearce BC1 Owner's Manual,
    Schematic, and Component Layouts, can you help
    me? Is very important for me to know many
    informations about this preamp...!!! Thank You Very Very Much for your answer.
    GaBRiFuZZ

17. tiktok@sprintma

tiktok@sprintma

Dec 25, 2008
    Seattle
  18. CeVau

CeVau

Sep 13, 2012
    Hi there

Im looking for a manual for the pearce bc1.
    Can anybody help me?

19. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I don't have a manual, but what would you like to know?