Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pearl Jam (Temple of the Dog)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Wxp4759cb, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Do you like the song "Hunger Strike" by Temple of the Dog (aka Pearl Jam with some of the guys from soundgarden)?

2. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    I hate pearl jam and soundgarden... but together their not that bad.

3. That whole album is great.

4. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    yeah that whole cd is really good....

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    ...and a great topic for the "recordings" forum.

Thread moved.

Will C.:cool:

6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

"Hunger Strike" remains one of my favorite songs from the Seattle "grunge" era. I especially liked the way Eddie Veddar and Cris Cornell traded vocal parts in the song and feel they sang especially well together. I wish Layne Staley could have been involved too, but maybe the song would have changed character somewhat. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

ONe of my favorite Lollapaloozas in Miami was the second one in which both SoundGarden and Pearl Jam played (also Ministry and RHCP). Eddie Veddar climbed a rope ladder. A huge wind came up and he dang near fell off. My heart nearly stopped. We didn't know that that the gust was one of the headwinds from Hurricane Andrew which devastated South Florida the very next night! I'll NEVER forget THAT Lollapalooza.

JO

7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Whoops, I posted in the wrong place. Sorry.

JO