1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pearl Jam throwing in the towel??!!??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by olps, Jul 14, 2002.

1. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    THANK YOU

2. So are they not allowed to give their opinion on your opinion?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand why people are still talking about the whole grunge thing...It never was...

Pearl Jam is a band of talented songwriters, good musicians and a whole lotta drummers!:D I hope people look at them for what they are, not what they were or will be. The greatest bands/artists (IMHO) are those who can keep their style and keep their music in constant evolution. Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Beatles, Stones, GDead, Phish, Miles Davis, etc...

3. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    relman, if you take a second to read exactly what I wrote, you would understand. Indeed you are entitled to your own opinion whether it be with or against my own opinion, BUT you may not attack another person with differing opinions for sake of converting or any other purpose. My opinion is my opinion, and you or anyone else can't change it.

4. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Why must things be so difficult? :rolleyes: :mad:

5. Yes, and when you post something on a forum people are entitled to disagree..

And how were you 'attacked' exactly? Geez.

Anyway, back on topic, what would you call "fading away"? When a band is no longer mainstream? That is pretty much what PJ set out to do. I'll be happy o see them break up if they started making bad music, but I liked their most recent album the best.
    Jim

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    This is music related. Sorry I didn't see it earlier. Off to MISCELLANEOUS.

7. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Pearl Jam had one really great album, '10'. That album was bascially Mother Love Bone without Andrew Wood. Everything after that has been one steady downward spiral. In my opinion of course.

...and for the record, Jeff Ahmet is a decent player, but he's a complete *******. Have you ever met him? Dear god is he stuck on himself and has the worst case of "I'm important and you aren't so screw you" syndrome. Sad really, because other guys in the band are really cool.

8. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    SCREW YOU, HIPPIE!!! :D :D :D

9. You really think so? I think that VS, though a forced album (hence the back cover) was a beautiful piece of work. What's your opinion on it? How did you get to meet Jeff? The two people I know have met him told me he's a sweet guy.

BigBohn: Not everyone's attacking you, you know? I have re-read those posts and I see other people simply stating their opinions on yours. What is there to scrutinize from your posts? They're not going through them with a fine comb. You are obviously entitled to your opinion but realize that others may oppose, just like you did in the "mary jane" post.

(Why do I sound like such an ass on the net?) :)

10. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    my opinion of .VS: I like it for the most part. There are some very cool moments on it, but to be honest, as a whole, it's not as good an album as 10 was.

I live in Seattle man.. everyone just knows everyone else. :D Actually, I've met him on a couple different occasions: at a Seahawks game, and at a random bar on Capitol hill (place in Seattle). Neither time I met him did I ask for his autograph or starting falling all over him like he was some sort of god... didn't treat him any different than any other person you meet really. It was just a, "excuse me, you're Jeff Ahmet right?" "yeah" "I really enjoy your bass playing" <insert bad attitude here and very obvious body language like he could give a f*%& about the fact that I'm speaking to him> I can understand 'famous people' wanting their privacy (even in public places) but it's not like I'm asking the poor bastard for his autograph or anything like that. He just went out of his way to be really, exceptionally obnoxious to me both times I met him. The really funny thing is, when I saw him at the Seahawks game, he was there with Dave Abbruzzese (their drummer on .vs). Dave was a REALLY nice guy and was very cool to talk to. We sat there and talked about music and stuff in general for about 20 minutes, then Ahmet showed up, Dave introduced me to him, and he copped a "yeah, whatever" attitude. Nice. I'll introduce myself to a famous person if I see them in public and I care enough about them to want to meet them... but I really don't think it's that cool to ask someone for their autograph or anything when they're out trying to be a normal person.

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Pearl Jam is just a Creed clone.

12. The truth is told! EVERYONE wants to be Scott Stapp!!!!:D

BTW: There was an article on either Q or Mojo about Homer Simpson's favourite tunes. One of his choices was "With Arms wide Open". On the following sentence, homer bluntly stated "I love PEARL JAM" :D

13. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    pearl jam are the best band ever imo. i dont like the idea of a forced album and i dont really think an album could be forced.

i will go on to say that if you think the bands studio work sucks then check them out live...i unfortunatly havent seen them live yet but they are coming to australia sometime soon i hear.
    later
    Lukas

14. Mark Reccord

Mark Reccord Supporting Member

Oooooh, that's a low blow, Jeff! :D :p

15. Maybe Jeff Ament didn't like you misspronouncing his name? :)

16. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    You gotta do what you gotta do, moderator who deleted my previous post....

beermonkey,

Hippie is more of a curse word than ANY OTHER BAD WORD known to man!!!! You ARE THE HIPPIE, NOT ME!!!

:D :D ;)

17. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Never discuss moderating decisions in public. You know better. Don't test us, it's not necessary. Besides which, you won't win.

You know the rules. Follow them.