Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pearl Jam's new album

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Anyone else excited about this? I just heard the new single "world wide sucide" (nice, cheerful title) and it was pretty interesting. I am a big fan of their earlier work but their lastest stuff has caught me snoozing. Apparently this new album is kinda a return to there older stuff. I'm pumped. Hopefully I'll get to see them live when they come around to Philly. :)

2. I thought they broke up like 10 years ago....hhmm.

3. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    This is supposed to be the hardest and heaviest stuff they have ever done, according to Ed. I am really excited to hear more. Pearl Jam are one of the few bands that I have followed from the beginning and I have been wondering which direction they would go next. IMO, they haven't ever released a bad album. Time will tell, I guess. I really hope I can swing a chance to catch them on tour, too. I've seen them twice and I definitely would like to see them again. Live or in the studio, they are the best band I have ever heard.

4. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    They fell out of favoUr with me after Vitalogy but when I heard Man of the Hour on Big Fish, I was hooked all over again and bought all the albums I missed. Pretty much all of them are great, other than Yield. I had to grow up a bit and accept the fact that Ten was a one-time only album, glad I finally did.

So yeah, definitely looking forward to this. :)

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hopefully, they will play some surprise shows at some of the smaller venues they played here in Seattle back in the day. I know they have done this in the past when preparing to release a new album, or head out on tour. We're kind of like the testing ground before they hit the road, which is very cool. It's really neat to check out PJ in a small bar or club.

-Mike

6. Oh how I envy you and your location! Most of my favorite bands are from the far northwest. being born about 25 years ago would help to. :p

Oh how I love Ten. If I spent all the time I have listening to that album practicing bass I'd be like Jaco by now. Just for fun they should do a few more songs like Even Flow and Why go. Just once.. come on Pearl Jam just a couple songs....

7. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Well, I just reserved a copy of their new album and I bought four tickets to see them in May. I'll be too excited to sleep until then.
    New Tool album, new Pearl Jam album and new David Gilmour album.....Roger Waters, Gilmour and Pearl Jam all on tour this summer......I think this will be a killer year for music.:bassist:

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, my mom got me tickets to see them on 6/1 for my birthday. Can't wait!