1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pearl Target Kit?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bass_drum, Dec 13, 2006.

1. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Hey guys, I've been playing drums for roughly 6 years now, and have decided I need a step up form my Westbury Procussion beginner kit (5 piece with Sabian B8 hihat, crash and ride) I was looking through the wanted/for sale ads and came across a Pearl Target drumset. It is 5 months old but was basicaly setup, played for a couple hours and never used again. 5 piece, with sabian B8 2 crashs, 1 ride and a set of hihats, all for 1000 canadian. Now I realise that this won't be a very big setup but I was planning on putting new skins on kit, and using parts of both kits. Would you suggest this, or should I just shell out the cash for a really nice kit? Is the price fair for the pearl kit?

Thanks!
    Justin

EDIT: Oh , and is the "Target" series a steup up or down compared to the "Forum" series?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'm not familiar with the Target line, but with the B8 cymbals it sounds like a beginner-level kit. I would save the money and keep a keen eye on the used market for something better. I feel certain you CAN get something better for that amount.

[Edit:] I just looked the Target series up, and they are a step down from Forum. If you're going to go with Pearl, I feel certain you can get one of their Export series kits, used, with everything, for $1k CAN. And if you're patient and keep a sharp eye on the classifieds you can even step up to the Session series.

3. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Okay, thanks!