Pearson rack cases?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lockout, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois -- Has anyone here ever owned one, or does anyone know anything about them?

I've been looking for a rack case for my preamp/poweramp setup, and these cases look pretty nice. I e-mailed them for a quote on a custom rack case and the price seemed relatively close to what the more popular rack manufacturers charge.

The only problem is that I really haven't heard anything about the cases or the business itself. I don't know anything about the build quality or overall value of their cases.

So... I would love to hear of any experiences you've had with them, good or bad. :)
  2. cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    I know this thread is almost a month old - but I just bought one of these cases and am quite pleased with it. I bought a 8u rack mount case (no front or rear cover - I didn't need 'em). For the price it's a great case. I don't do a lot of moving of my gear, so it really didn't need to be the toughest case in the world. But I think it would stand up to light to moderate bangs and scrapes.

Of course, I got the cheap basic model. I'm sure the fancier models are even better.

+1 for Pearson Cases. :bassist:
  3. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Heh, I did end up buying a case from them. It was an 8-space, like yours. I had to order it with custom dimensions so that my power amp would fit well in it (it's huge.)

Anyway, I recieved the case a week or so after ordering it, which seemed very quick, but I guess there was some sort of misunderstanding; I must not have been clear enough in my description of what I wanted. The case wasn't what I had imagined. It was very well built, but it was much too deep, and it had inset lids rather than the ATA-style(?) box lids that I was thinking I would get.

Fortunately, they were kind enough to allow me to return the case in exchange for a new one (I made sure to be as specific as possible this time around.) The only catch was that I had to pay shipping both ways, which was no big deal (or so I thought.)

So I packed the case up and shipped it back a few days later, through UPS. ...I'll never make that mistake again. I can't believe how much UPS charges for large items... it was over $50, compared to around $19 with FedEx. I don't know how UPS can be competitive with rates like that (though it could be because of people like me who don't compare rates before shipping :meh: )

The original case should be arriving back at Pearson Cases today, so I'm hoping the new one will be delivered by next week some time. If it turns out to be what I wanted, I think it will be worth the $220 I spent on it. The original case was extremely good quality for the price.

If anyone is looking into buying a case from them, I'd say go for it... but be sure to specify exactly what you want in the Paypal comments, even if you discuss what you want through e-mail with them. Don't make the same mistake I did. ;)
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i love your amp to death, but reading your rack related posts from time makes me realize that i'm kinda glad i dont have one like it.

good luck with the rack man, i hope it all works out for ya.
  5. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Hah, I didn't realize I made many rack-related posts. :oops:

The DB728 fits in a regular ol' SKB case, but the back end hangs out a bit. I wouldn't be able to leave anything plugged into it if I wanted to put the back cover on. ;)