1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pease someone. Outbid me on this Trace Hexavalve

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 00Funk, Dec 10, 2006.

1. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If you don't have the funds, don't bid. :)

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You should be fine.

4. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

It looks like you are in the US from your profile. This is listed as a 220V version of this head. I'm not that familiar with these heads, but that seems like it would be a problem.

5. You can falsely retract your bid, or make arrangements with the seller to sell it to the next highest bidder, and you make up the difference. Or hock your bass, and try to resell the amp.

European gear runs on 220v.

6. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Uh... right... he's in Dallas, TX.. wouldn't this be a problem?

7. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    Im an electrician :)

8. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Cool!

9. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    I'll buy it from you for $10 when you get it! :D

10. Your an electritian and hoping that it has a variable mains transformer i take?

Also, how do we know your not the seller, it could be a cunning rouse!

11. 00Funk

00Funk Banned

Jul 17, 2006
    Dallas TX
    I really dont think anyone from the states, will bid since its 220 volt. I think its pretty easy to change to 110 volt. Might cost a hundred bucks, at audio electronics, to convert over. If not, I'll just run it in a 220 plug in my apt.

500 watt tube. Isnt this the most wattage for a tube head ? 300 is the most ive ever heard of, in an all tube head.

Im really getting tired of solidstate and stainless roundwound tone

I want to try the tube and flatwound sound.

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Hexa = 6
    that amp has 6x KT88
    KT88 = ~50watts per tube clean depending on design
    trace is said to coax a little extra out of each tube... at best it's a 350 to 400 watt head, which even @ 300 IS a loud head!

the Trace V8, my Classic 400 www.classic400.com , the Marshall VBA400, the Aguilar and Demeter tube poweramps, etc have 8x KT88 (or 6550) and put of closer to 400 watts.

You'll be amazed by the tube and stainless round tone :bassist:

13. Its only 300 watt.

Fair enough running it off a different plug at home, but its a pain for gigs aye?

And unless your talking about a stepdown transformer, it'll cost more than $100 for a mains transformer (if it isnt variable, if it is, then your set, takes 2 seconds to hook up the other lugs on the transformer to the input power socket)

14. just tell em to give it to the next highest bid

15. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    The cost of a new mains transformer is nothing compared to shipping from Ecully, FR. The seller insists on FedEx insured only.

I don't know what these weigh so I assumed 50lbs and a gratuitously small box. Being honest with customs and applying insurance pretty much doubles the $500 bid.

On the other hand, you could spend a bit less than that on a used Mesa 400+ or a bit more on a pair of Traynor YBA-200s.

Good luck! :meh:

16. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    This seems like a "no ****, Sherlock," but apparently some people can't control their spending habits.

17. If you win the auction, tell the guy the situation and paypal him $50 for the trouble you've caused him. This will cover the auction costs plus a little extra to make up for him have to relist. If he gives you a negative feedback take it with a smile - you kind of deserve it :D .

18. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Looks like you are off the hook. The top bid is $510US.

19. ...remind me not to buy anything from you.

Mike

20. nah im not like that, this would only be a last resort if the seller was one of those tight *** losers that refuses to back down or whatever