1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey 1516, $100, Chicago

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by lethargytartare, Sep 27, 2008.

1. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Nice price on the 1x15, 2x8 -- doesn't show a lot of details, and I"m not sure from the description of the speakers if they're original or replacements. But either way, 100 is a great price to get a your hands on a mid-size venue cab. (and for the record, I'm not the seller)

Cheers all!

ltt

2. pictures? ship to Florida??

3. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    link?????/

4. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
  5. rodneyat

rodneyat Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    From the looks of the pictures. That one is pretty new. I had an older one many years ago. Pretty cool cabinet for the price. Pretty big and tall but not too terribly heavy for the size

6. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
    Replacement speakers all around. The 8"ers might be an ok replacement but what about the Pyle 15"? Does Pyle make speakers other than car audio? I couldn't find anything on their website?

7. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Those are most certainly replacement speakers all around. That should have a Black Widow 15 and Peavey never used Eminence.

8. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    So what would your verdict be -- good deal, mediocre, meh?

9. rodneyat

rodneyat Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Looking at your profile..you have a Schroeder 1210. In theory, you obviously get more speaker surface area with the Peavey 1516. IMHO, the Schoeder is a much better cabinet and would serve you better. I think you would be taking a step backwards. If you are looking for a bigger cabinet, save your money for a little longer and get something equal to the one you have...Just my 2 cents

10. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Oops -- I'm not actually considering buying this cab (or any new cabs). You are correct -- my Schro covers my needs amply. I'm even currently building a B.Fitzmaurice 10.5 to cover smaller needs. I just find that, when I see some of these hot deals threads, it's very helpful to get some other opinions on how good a deal is.

11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I have one of these 1516s - I keep it at my guitarist's place along with my trusty old RB400. Not a bad cab at all...

12. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I had one of those...great cab, I miss mine!

13. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    The 1516 is actually one of my favorite Peavey Cab's.

14. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I had one that served me well for many years. I paired it with the Magabass head.