1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

peavey 1516 bass cabinet.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by choppinrobin1, May 22, 2018.

1. choppinrobin1

choppinrobin1

Aug 13, 2017
    I just bought a Peavey 1516 bass cabinet and while moving it around heard a noise inside the cabinet. I opened it to find a capacitor not connected as well as one of the wires to the 8" speaker. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for just a cabinet? better yet does anyone have a photo of where this "blue" capacitor goes. It is a 76uf 110v NP K 85 degree C

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome to TalkBass!

If I had to guess I would say it's part of the crossover. That's what divides your signal and sends lower frequencies to the big speaker and higher ones to the smaller soeakers. It's likely on the inside of the jack plate.

choppinrobin1 likes this.
  3. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    Chances are it goes between the loose wire and the input jack, acting as a basic crossover filter. The two 8 inch speakers are probably connected together in series and run in parallel to the fifteen. A heavy but nice sounding cab. I used ti have one way back in the eighties.

4. I had a 1516 up until the beginning of this decade (purchased in '95). I contacted Peavey regarding speaker replacement and they were quite helpful. If you haven't already, try contacting them.
    As two fingers said - welcome to talkbass.

5. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    Historically speaking if you do call Peavey, might as well source replacement 8" while you're at it. It's only a matter of time, lol.

;)