1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Peavey 1516

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Five String, Nov 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Five String

Five String Supporting Member

Price:
    $150
    If you are looking at this you know what this is so I will not go into a big description. Mine is a little different in that some prior owner loaded it with an 8 ohm 15 Carvin 400 watt PS-15 and some 6 inch drivers of indeterminate origin. I ran this cab with my Crown XLS 1000 with both volumes all the way up (215 watts each) and this thing rocked. Whisper clean, lots of character, loud.

I cleaned it thoroughly last year(?), replaced the damping material, and glued up some of the tolex divots. The has had extremely light use since I got it, initially every two weeks or so and gigged once or twice a year. For the past three years or so I have only used it once or twice a year for gigs. It is in quite good condition considering its age. IMG_0823.JPG IMG_0821.JPG IMG_0822.JPG IMG_0824.JPG IMG_0866.JPG IMG_0867.JPG

I have no ability to ship this so this is a local sale only.

2. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

you mean 8"s of indeterminate origin, right? or were the cutouts resized?

3. Five String

Duh You're right. I meant 8's. Thanks for catching that. I'll fix the ad as soon as I get back from Market Basket.

4. Five String

Okay, I guess you can't edit a classified ad, you have to re-post, but thanks to yodedude2 there is now a mini thread correcting the original post to say the smaller drivers are 8's not 6's. When it comes time to bump I'll just re-post the ad with the correct info. Unless one of you buys it first.

5. Five String

Bump

6. Str8outtaline

Str8outtaline Banned

Feb 23, 2016
    Market Basket in New Bedford?

7. Five String

No actually Littleton. I'm in Acton. Any interest in the cab?

8. Str8outtaline

Str8outtaline Banned

Feb 23, 2016
    No even though it is an excellent deal…Just was curious if we where to go out for a drink…;)

9. I need a cheap cab, I'm in Plymouth though... but is this cab a 4ohm with the speakers wired in parallel inside if I'm even saying that right...

10. Five String

Hi Tajue17 - No, it was hot rodded with Carvin 8ohms before I got it. I also sold it last night.