Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey 210tvx?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by camerondye, Jan 25, 2001.

1. camerondye

camerondye

Nov 7, 2000
    What are the opinions on the peavey 210tvx? Peavey's version of the 2 10 cabinet. I played one and it actually sounded pretty good. Do they hold up?...
    cameron

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I've had a 210TXF (same as TVX, but with carpet covering) for about a year and I'm pretty happy with it. I really like the sound, it's pretty rugged, and it handles a low B fairly well as a stand-alone (if you supply it with enough power). The only thing I don't like is the low sensitivity rating of 95db, which means it's not the loudest 210 cab around. For the price, I think Peavey makes the best 210 around, and I would buy another one if I needed another 210.
    (BTW, the Peavey 210 is a 4 ohm cabinet, so make sure 4 ohms will fit your application.)

3. I also own a 210TXF. I have found it to be an excellent cab - dependable, ruggged and reliable - and it is, IMO, definitely the absolute best in its class and price category. I also use a Peavey 115BX cab and find this to be a really nice combination.

John