Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey 210TVX?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tekhna, Dec 27, 2004.

1. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    I have heard great things about the 410 and 412, but are the 210s any good? I might go pick on up instead of ordering an avatar.

thanks guys

2. I've got one and I'm looking to get another to have a 2x2x10", replacing a 1x15".

They're very deep and efficient cabs, and the tweeter is a little harsh. I imagine two of them would be very, very punchy, moreso than the Peavey 4x10.

They're very large, ~70lbs and handle 350watts. I've never played through an Avatar, since we don't get them over here in the UK, but apparently the Sheffield speakers are comparable to the Eminence Delta 10s that Dave uses.

What kind of audience are you playing to? I find that the 2x10 on its own is fine for practice with a big-band (with a large brass section) but for performance (~400 people) I'd want another 2x10 or 1x15 underneath.

3. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    that was the first bass cab i ever owned. i guess i would rate it as ok. i wouldn't expect to do gigs of any size with it by itself, and as mentioned previously the tweet is a little harsh. it is probably in the same league as the avatar, except i think the avatar handles more power. not sure though. never played through one. i got rid of mine when i blew the tweet. (about 4 months after i got it) the peavey does have an atteuator style knob for the tweeter, and i think the avatar has a switch style.(something like off, -6db, on or something. again not sure) prices being the same i might go for the peavey because it's farmilliar to me.

4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Avatars have an attenuator for the tweeter, turn the know and get anywhere from zero to 100% tweeter. I'll go ahead and recommend Avatar as long as I'm posting, oustanding cabs with great tone.