Peavey 2x15 and a rumble 25

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lowbudgettone, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Lowbudgettone

Lowbudgettone

Nov 30, 2019
    So I just want your opinions on my bass rig and some info on what might happen if I try it out at above bedroom sound levels. I’m running a peavey bam head with a 2x15 cabinet with two eminence betas and a slave rumble 25. Am I going to fry anything if I turn it up? I’ve got the rumble plugged in the pre amp out port on the head. I figured if I turned the bass down on the rumble I’d be able to get some highs and mids back into my tone since the 2x15s put out nothing but warmth. Is this a bad idea or should I just try it out and see what type of tone I can get? Will it more than likely sound bad and create dead spots since the cabinets are not made to pair up? Whatever you think let me know. (Btw the bass is a 70$ glarry so don’t get too mad at me for the mudbucker hole)

Attached Files:

2. Heavy Blue

Heavy Blue

Nov 11, 2017
    Prairie Canada
    Keep the volume down on the Rumble and dial it in little by little to match the others (if it can).

3. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    Northern KY
    Cab fan, hobbyist
    Should be ok as long as you're cautious.

Does the amp have a crossover section you could use instead of the line out? 25 watts pushing only high midrange and highs goes a long way. Peavey was always pretty good with connectivity staging and adding crossover features. This would be safer.

4. How are you slaving this?

5. Lowbudgettone

Lowbudgettone

Nov 30, 2019
    I don’t have a actual dedicated crossover but I’ve got the bass knob turned all the way down on the rumble and cranking the mids and highs while keeping the pre gain down on the master amp to not disturb the signal being put out into the slave amp while turning the mids and highs down on the master and turning the post gain up more. And in the picture is how I’ve slaved the rumble. Should I put a eq pedal between the master and the slave?

Attached Files:

6. Lowbudgettone

Lowbudgettone

Nov 30, 2019
    This is what I’m working with

Attached Files: