Peavey 2x15"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowBnate, Jan 27, 2005.

1. lowBnate

Jan 27, 2005
    Hey guys,
    I have a Peavey 2x15". This is one heavy, old school, beast. It's a good amp, but I really want to look at getting something else. Does anyone know if its worth selling to get a newer cabinet, or if its worth holding on to? Because I don't see any new 2x15" bass cabinets comin' off the line, just the 2x15" pa cabinet. If it is just worth selling to get knew, does anyone know a good starting price for it. It is in good working condition.
  2. I don't know anything about the Peavey 2x15, but if you're looking for a new 2x15, I would look at the Eden D-215XLT. It is deep, fat, and very smooth, if thats what you're lookin for.
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    There are number of companies that make 2x15s...SWR, Hartke, Eden, Bergantino, Ampeg to name a few.

Because of its size, it would be difficult (but not impossible) and expensive to ship. If you don't need the money, still like it and have room for it, just hang on to it.

Its value depends on what speakers are inside...regular old Eminence, Black Widows, etc.

You can get some idea on prices by looking at eBay or I looked at Music Go Round's site and they have a number of 2x15s starting at $129 and up...$150 seems common.
  4. around here, peaveys are plentiful, and i think you could sell it for a new cab. i'd start at 150 if it is in good condition...
  5. lowBnate

Jan 27, 2005
    Black Widow speakers are in it, if that means anything. I play a lot of old metal in my band, would continuing playing on a 2x15 be good, or would there be a better choice in cabinets, like speaker wise. Im just tired of hauling the damn thing around.
  6. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke Liquidating to fund a new business. Buy My Gear!

Jan 6, 2005
    Western NY
    2- 1x15s sure are a lot easier to live with. I have a Peavey 2x15, and it really is a pig. Well constructed, which is good, as it's been dropped a lot. I toyed with loading good drivers in it, but decided against it.

I'd be hard pressed to say that you couldn't get better sound and easier load in/out by replacing it, no matter what drivers are in it. Budget factors in. Bending the laws of physics does require some investment...
  7. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I own the Eden 215XLT and would get another one in a heartbeat. It's a great cabinet. I have mine below my 210XLT and it is the sh#$!
  8. LowBnate, where are you located? I'd like an old 2x15, & I have an avatar 2x10 you might like for the top half of a stack (I hope I'm allowed to say that- mods?). PM me if you're interested.
  9. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    peavey made two 2x15 cabs, one was much deeper than the other. the shallow one (maybe 13 or 14" deep) was not all that good. i had the much deeper one and it was the bomb.

however, two bag end 1x15 cabs sound a lot better and are much smaller.
  10. username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    I wouldnt bother spending alot of money on something else. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better 215 cab. Those blackwidows have great punch and high end for 15' speakers. Just my opinion but i have used the peavey 15'BW cabs before and thought they were great.
  11. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I don't have a Peavey 215, but I DO play through two 15" Black Widows, and they work very well...

"Those blackwidows have great punch and high end for 15' speakers"

I agree totally - but, I just picked up a 410TXF, and I've gotta tell ya - a 410 plus a 115 sounds better than (2) 15s, IMO... I'm still keeping both my 15" BWs, but will probably only use one of them most of the time, now that I've got the 410... I figure it won't hurt me to have a "spare" 115, and can always put it all up there if I want a massive rig sometime... I'm using a Mark VIII to power 'em, and I can't imagine needing more volume than I've got currently - we're a pretty loud band, and my guitarist uses a full stack 100 watt Marshall - I'm right there with my pre volume set @ 4, and my post set only at 2... In conclusion, I'd try to turn that 215 into two 115s and add a 410, or turn it into a 115 and a 410 - or just keep it and add a 410, if you want to break things...

You DO have earplugs, right??? - hahaha!!!

- georgestrings
  12. I have to disagree, i have a peavey 215D BW (the deeper model (18 inchs) with black widows), and it kicks ass, especially with a peavey 410txf ontop ;)

Look at its magesty :p :D :D