1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Peavey 4 String G-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mojojim, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    I have the following ad in my other thread.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-several-peavey-millenniums-warmoth-basses-841904/

But I wonder how many people missed it due to not being in the title of my other thread. So, here it is by itself.

Peavey G-bass - (As described by others) Poor man's Modulus bass - great bass! Currently set-up BEAD but easily changed back to EADG. Rock solid neck! It has a great feel!

The previous owner didn't happen to mention the following:
    - marks on back from super-glue? Can't see except close up.
    - can see at an angle where a sticker was removed from the front. You can see if your are looking for it. Unsightly? No.
    - multiple small dings below top curve from ... ??? Tony Levin Fat Fingers - Maybe 18 small dings in a two clusters. Once again need to have the light to see.

Black sparkle finish.

Weight: 8 lbs.feels very light when on a strap!)
    35" scale

Due to these imperfections ... [DEL]$375 [/DEL][DEL]$360[/DEL] $350 shipped CONUS in a gig bag. (Note that I shipped a bass recently and it cost $42 for a reasonable distance. So, the bass is going to cost you just $310 plus shipping! :) )

Photos of this bass can be found at:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/107318156379808570526/BassGuitars#

I can go take some pictures using sunlight if someone is interested in this bass.

2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

Trades?

3. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    I'm not interested in trades at this time. Too many basses. Thanks for your interest. :)

4. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    What kind of neck is on the G.

5. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
  6. Very rigid ... No deAd spots .... In the realm of rj, late fury and late foundation

7. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    Right now on here, Nicolay3535 is lookin to buy right at this price range ;)
    My gbass just showed up in the mail today and leapin jehosephat!!!! Freakin ridiculous!!!! :D:D:D awesome bass!! Can't wait for your millennium to show up and join the awesome!

8. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Thanks for the heads-up. Send him a note - I'm not his friend, so I don't feel good doing so.

9. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    I don't know him personally either :p but sent the pm anyway haha

10. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Thanks for the help! Bump. People don't know what they are missing with Peavey basses. :)

11. bassman28

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    I know I'm selling one to but folks you will not find a better bass at 4 times this price.If somebody doesn't buy this in the next day I will be owning my third one and I'm a MM guy.This is a steal!!!

12. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Thanks for the comments! Everybody, note what Bassman28 said! :)

13. bassman28

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    You guys better get moving on this.If you play one of these a couple of months from now and you could of got this for $350 your gonna kick yourself or just go get your Modulus for $2000. In this economy the G will win every time.Its mine tomorrow if someone doesn't get it.

14. bassman28

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Could you give me a few more details about the glue on the back.I can't see it in the pics,thanks.

15. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Exactly, you can't see them in the photo. :) They are of the nature that you might miss them unless you are looking for them. I only noticed them because I gave the bass a close going over when I received it. Since I'm at my office, I don't have the bass at hand. I'll try and get a better photo of the marks when I go home. Maybe a real intense light will help.

From memory, the largest circular mark is 3/16" in diameter, and there are four of them. Once again, I'm not sure what caused the circles. "People are strange." - Jim Morrison.

Are you really thinking about buying a third one of these even though you are selling two? :D

16. bassman28

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    I'm pulling my other 2 today.I was only going to get rid of the first one that sold and keep the other.But the more I play them,WOW. IF you sanded Peavey off the headstock and put Modulus a lot of people would never know.I'm not really a Peavey guy but this bass surpasses a lot of the big boys out here and made in the good old USA.And at this price its a hidden treasure enjoyed by the few smart enough to give one a try. Please someone buy this,I don't need a third one but I will at this price.

17. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    You are on the mark with your comments. I'm just heading home from work. I'll see if I can get a picture of the marks.

18. ajish4

ajish4

Dec 19, 2003
    Stuart, FL
    I wish I could scoop this up. I have a project in mind and this would be perfect. :-(

19. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

How is this bass still here ??? A G Bass for $310 ?? and it's still here ???

Hey MojoJim - I don't quite understand. Did you say you pulled your other 2 Peavey's from the shelves in order to keep them ?

And yes, I also agree - Peavey basses are simply amazing and stand up to ANY bass.

20. cactusPhan39

cactusPhan39

Oct 17, 2010
    Would you be willing to ship internationally?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.