1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey 400BH as a preamp??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zako, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Zako

Zako

May 9, 2007
    Waterloo, IA
    I just got a nice deal on a 400BH mark IV.

I love the tone, real raw and gritty when the gain is set pretty high hehe :bassist:

but i feel like its lacking in power, mainly because im used to my other amp, Carvin b1500 :p

I was wondering if it would be possible to hook the B1500 up to the power amp jack in the peavey using the B1500 effects loop.

or would both amps have to have a speaker load? and not just the B1500? because i only have one cab...

Im basically wondering if i can use the B1500 as a slave of sorts.

2. Zako

Zako

May 9, 2007
    Waterloo, IA
    bump? anyone?

3. Since the Peavey 400BH is no tube amp, you don't need to have a speaker load.

4. Zako

Zako

May 9, 2007
    Waterloo, IA
    ok i just wanted to make sure, i heard even some solid state amps wouldnt recommend you running them without a speaker load.

5. Zako

Zako

May 9, 2007
    Waterloo, IA
    awesome thanks. now ill see how big of a decibel difference 210watts vs 1200 watts haha.

even though i have before technically, just not with the same sound, EQ matters a little on perceived volume i think...

6. Clarity ..

You can not use a power amp in line to a next power amp to create more power..you'll create smoke and repair bills.

You can Y Split.. crossover split etc..

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021