1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey 410 Pro or 410 Tour Bass Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pjfrie, Mar 12, 2008.

1. pjfrie

pjfrie

Mar 12, 2008
    Maryland
    I was recently on an online website looking at bass cabinets and I am looking to buy the Peavey Pro 700 Tour Bass Amp head. And then I saw they had two different 410 cabinets. the Pro 410 which looks like it has a top and bottom bass holes in the front and a different grate and color and the Tour 410 which only has one bass hole on the bottom and is all black except for the sides. Both are rated at 700 watts, but the Pro is $200 higher in cost.

So i was just wondering what the difference was?

thanks

2. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    bass holes...:bag:

The Pro is a much louder cab than the Tour. If you get the Pro, consider going with the Tour 450 amp to cover the cost. I'd bet that the 450 with the Pro cab would be just as loud as the 700 with the Tour cab.

Let me throw in a third option...check out the 410TVX. It's heavier than the Pro or the Tour, but it's less expensive and it's definitely more of a crowd pleaser. As far as Peavey cabs go, this one gives you the most for your money.

3. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I used the TVX's predecessor, the TX for a decade or so. I absolutely loved the sound of that cab!

Kim

4. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    +1

I used TVX cabs a while ago. They sound great and can take some abuse. If you're going to go the Pro vs. Tour route, then I would suggest the Tour. I've played both cabs side-by-side through the same amp (Peavey Firebass 700) and could not find a volume difference. The Pro seemed a bit brighter sounding, but the Tour seemed warmer and beefier.

5. alembic5

alembic5

Dec 5, 2004
    Seattle, Wa.
    +1! I also used the 410TX cab for over a decade, along with a single 15" BW cab. I still miss that setup. Cheap, built like a tank, and sounded great. Heavy, but worth the effort!

6. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    +1 on the 410TX... loudest $175 I ever spent! :)

7. dave_kts

dave_kts

Jan 17, 2008
    I really like my 410 pro. great eminence drivers and solid construction with birch ply. i've pushed it plenty hard and never had distortion of any kind. smooth sounding and loud. way too loud for our basement!
    I think its tuned to go a little lower than the other two, but im not sure.
    Oh yeah, I usually run the kick drum through it too via my power amp when we practice. It handles both without a problem! might sound strange, but fills out the drums nice when we jam.
    One great 8 ohm cab!

8. The Tour series is ALOT lighter. 66lbs vs. 102lbs on the TVX.
    I'm not sure the weight on the PRO though.. Peavey's website doesn't have much info on them.