Peavey 410TVX or Avatar B410?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Toetsi, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Peavey 410 TVX

21 vote(s)
  2. Avatar B410

28 vote(s)
  1. hi folks!
    i'd like to buy a new cabinet, because my selfmade 18" doesn't really sound as i want it to...
    so, actually, i wanted to buy the peavey 410 tvx, but now i've noticed a brand called avatar. they seem to make pretty good stuff...
    so which one would you choose? i do punkrock, so i need a punchy one ;)

and i've got still another little question:
    i have to sell a head, a laney pro bass. it has 150 watts on 4 ohms. how much would you pay for this one? i attached a picture...

thanks for everything and stay tuned for more rock'n'roll
  2. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I don't think Avatar ships internationally...that alone may make it more than buying the Peavey. They sound good though.

you might check:
  3. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I don't know about that exact Peavey cab, but there's a Peavey 4x10 + tweeter cab at my rehearsal space that I use, of fairly recent vintage, and I recently picked up an Avatar b410.

I'd take the Avatar any day of the week. The Peavey has more bass, but it's a lifeless, dull thud of a sound compared to the punchy Avatar. You said you wanted punch, right?

Avatar has nice punch and definition - exceptional for the price. Lacks a little on the low end, but low end is worthless to me without the punch and definition to accompany it. I think it would probably be great for a punk sound.
  4. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Nice head man, I almost bought one till I decided to go with the Tech21 RBI... Real killer tone...

ps. Peavey....
  5. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I own the earlier 410TX Peaveys and like them. That said, I think they would not be what you are looking for. They tend to have a 'scooped' midrange-like the gent above said, kinda dull. I can EQ around it without problem and I really dig the cab's low end (prodigious). Not what I associate with 'in-your-face' punk. The Avatars are a bargain here in the States and the owner is great. All signs (driver compliment and owner reports) point to a punchy sound that cuts through well. Of course, with the Euro kickin' the dollars' butt...

6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    If you can swing it, I would get the Avatar B115 and B210.

Should give you good low end and good punch (also more portable).