1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey 410TX versus 410TVX . . . - Differences?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fleabass89, Oct 8, 2001.

1. I was at my local music store and...I saw a <b>used</b> Peavey 410TX for $210 and a new Peavey 410TVX for $479. What are the differeces exactly? Is either of them better in some way? thanks.:D My rig is comn' soon....

2. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    The 410TX has a circular rear-facing port on the back of the cab, while the 410TVX has rectangular ports on the front. (Check out the picture on the website www.peavey.com)
    I believe the TX only came in 8 ohm models, while the TVX is available in 4 or 8 ohms. Other than that, they are pretty much the same. I haven't played a TVX, but I'm very happy with the 410TX that I've been using for the past year. It's very loud with a lot of midrange, but it can also handle a low B better than many other "high-end" cabs. The adjustable tweeter is great for slap and pick.

I'd get the used TX and spend the extra money on a 1x15 8 ohm extension cab.

3. GOX42

GOX42

Sep 28, 2000
    rising sun indiana
    I've got 1 of each cabnets in my rig (w/ a t-maxx head) I use the TVX for the bottom cab......theres not much diff. except that the TVx has a little more bottom end .......other than that theres not any diff.

4. I am looking for either one of those cabinets if someone knows where I
    could get one. Please....e-mail me.

5. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    T-Max, T-Max, T-Max, T-Max...

Sorry, I get carried away -- I love mine.