1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey 412 TVX

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dukey donkey, Aug 25, 2012.

1. any opinions? anyone own one?

2. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    My second favorite Peavey cab ever after the Pro 410. I've played a few but never owned one because I never had a car big enough to transport it. It's big, it's heavy, it rocks.

3. I have the 410 TX, which is an older model with rear port instead of front vents.
    LOVE this cab over the Ampeg and Eden stuff I used before.

It's 92 pounds I have to lift into the bed of my pickup truck, but well worth it.

Like all the other Peavey amps and cabs I've used over the past 30 years, you really have to work hard to break them.
    They just keep working, and sound fine.

If you can buy a 410 TVX for around $200-250 (my current local prices) I say do it.
    At $300 it had better be in very good and clean condition.
    Excellent value.

(If you want to hear mine, search Reverb Nation, iTunes or similar sites for the song Milk Run by the band Televators.
    I used the tube side of a Peavey Max preamp and biamped it to the 410 and a matching PV 210TX with an AB Precedent power amp. Cabs were both mic'ed using some vintage large diaphragm condensers, through an API console and Neve tube compressors. The 210 is basically a half-size clone of the 410 at 4 ohms (same drivers) so the mid-highs it produced are nearly identical to the 410's when I go full-range. Tweeters were turned all the way down, no effects, Ibanez SR500 bass set flat.)

4. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    OP is talking about the 412TVX, not the 410. Very different animal.