Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavey 412 VS avatar 212+210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by violatedppl, Aug 4, 2005.

1. I can either buy a peavey 412 bass cab for $250 or 2 for 450, but I am also looking at avatars 212 and 210 combination. At this point I would only be able to buy one of the avatar cabs most likely being the 212 and I was wondering how they would compair. I know alot of people either love or hate the peaveys, but I have always had good luck with them. weight at this point isnt really an issue for me(I have good band mates that will help out :D ) right now I have 250 CIH and I am getting paid on friday and will probably end out with around 300-350 for my spending pleasure. and I am looking for the most bang for the buck.

I will be powering this with a peavey tmax and would like to run the amp down to 2 ohms and get the full 500 watts out over it although it will be a little more noisy.

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

What kind of music? You might be missing the mids and highs that you might want if you only have 12s.

3. its mainly rock to the extrem stuff my band plays is sorta metalish. their no crazy tuning, the cab has a horn but Im not sure how it is going to sound but Ill find out on monday. but for 250 asking I really cant go wrong as long as the speakers are fine. (and the guy has two of them :eek: )

I think everyone who lives within hearing distance would hate me if I was running 8 12's but the voume contest would end very quickly