1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey 4x10 specs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by klejst, Mar 30, 2013.

1. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nebraska
    Checking out Guitar Center's used gear I came across this used Peavey 4x10, I believe it is a TX model. I know by just simply a picture it may be hard to tell, however can anyone tell me anything about it? Ohms? Max wattage? Etc. I tried contacting Guitar Center about it but after two attempts and no reply or call back I figured I would try my luck here. Also I am curious to the time frame this cab may of been produced because it features the "changed' Peavey logo. My amp is a Peavey T-max, but features the older sharp text Peavey logo. My guess is my amp is from the 90's. With that said would this cab even work with my amp?

For $99 if it all checks out I figured why not. The simple fact it has casters is a huge plus I know that.

[​IMG]

2. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    I'm not sure if it's a great cab or not, but for that price I would totally impulse buy it.

3. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    I own two, used them in the past for backup to higher priced cabs. I eventually stopped caring if I was using the Peaveys or "expensive brand x" because they sounded that good. These were issued mid to late 90's IIRC. I don't recall the specs but they worked fine with all the heads I've owned. I often used the pair together, so this suggests that they were each 8 ohm cabs.

If this cab was electronically and structurally sound, I would buy it in a flash for $99.00. And I don't even need it!

4. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nebraska
    Thanks for the replies guys, anyone else know any further specs? For $99 I know it's worth a shot on if it all is in good working shape, however just have to make sure it's going to work with my amp and such too.

5. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I've owned a couple of those - they're not bad cabs, but a bit on the heavy size for a 410... IIRC, they were made in both 4 ohm and 8 ohm, and handled around 400 watts - either way, it would work well with your amp... For $100, it's a good buy as long as there aren't any issues - those cabs are a bit old, and have probably taken a pounding or two along the way...

I'd make sure all 4 speakers were in working order, immediately - that'll be the deal maker/breaker... BTW, those casters look pretty small for a cab of that weight - decent 3" casters can be had for $4-5 each...

- georgestrings

6. Very good sounding all considered. A hernia pig as to weight, but otherwise very sturdy. Not super efficient, but if you have the power to move it it will do the job nicely.