1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey 810TX

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by prizefighter, Apr 5, 2009.

1. So I have a lead on two of these for about $700, do you more expierenced guys think this is a good deal? And how do these perform?

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    You can find much nicer 8-10 cabs for that price. Ampeg, GK, Trace, etc. You aren't too far from DC and Baltimore. I would search the Craigslist ads in your area. For that much money, your choices will be almost unlimited. Good luck!

3. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Craig's list has been lame in the MD/DC area for the last few months but if I hear of an 8x10 I'll send a PM.

4. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    $700 for 2 is a good deal.

5. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Get em.

6. Your41Plague12

Your41Plague12

Oct 30, 2007
    $700 for two 8x10's is a great deal, unless they're blown up or something. Worst comes to worst, you could sell them and possibly make some money.

7. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    I don't think you read that right he said TWO of them for $700...:cool:

8. Yeah it's both of them for $700 and they are practically brand new no rips scuffs anything

9. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    Get em that is a steal... of course try to negotiate a bit... also make sure to play through them to check drivers...

10. Thanks for the advice guys, With these being driven by my crown XLS 402 I'll always be heard!

11. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    A BIG +1. Play through them LOUD.

A long time ago I bought a Fender 4X12" and couldn't test it at a high volume because the seller had a "sick family member" in the house. Guess how THAT cab turned out... :eyebrow:

12. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    I've got one of those cabinets and I sometimes run a Bassman 1200 or a Mesa/Boogie Basis M-2000 with it and I've been able to get some good sounding sounds through it ...just a side note you'll need a small truck to move it around !!!

13. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Some Peavey 810TX links.