1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey 8x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by IWillFlyOneDay, Aug 14, 2007.

1. IWillFlyOneDay

IWillFlyOneDay Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Question for all the TB'ers. I saw a deal for a Peavey 8x10 for $300. Is this a good deal, and does have any experience with this cab? Thoughts? Obv, I'd like to have an Ampeg 8x10 but this is so much better for my budget and its pretty close to home.

2. okabass

okabass

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland,Lahti
    HI
    With 300 you can't go wrong.

3. SubMonkey

SubMonkey

May 3, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I'll tell ya what, I've got a Peavey 810tx and an Ampeg 810e... If you hook that Peavey up for $300, I trade you the Ampeg straight across.... really.

SM

4. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Ive heard many prefer the peavey 810, IMO i would jump on on it. Peavey make GREAT gear.

5. I would go for it.

One thing i will point out, the ampeg 810 and the peavey 810 sound very different from each other tho.

6. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    For my Money the peavey has a lot more range than the Ampeg . The peavey can do many things well the ampeg can do it's thing well. Peavey is more versatile. Not flaming Ampeg just stating my Opinion. Had one of each and ran it with a Peavey Classic 400. The Peavey is still here the Ampeg is gone.

7. Robguy

Robguy

Apr 29, 2006
    St Louis area
    For $300, I'd jump on it!I have an 810tvx myself.Paid $350 for it.It sounds GREAT!!! I use it with my Mark VIII head.Peavey do make great gear, & it will be around when your grandchildren graduate from high school!!:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: