1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Peavey Alpha Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by BZadlo, Mar 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Price:
    I bought this amp because it was the cheapest, well made all tube amp I could find. As it turns out, this amp is actually awesome. People often call it a poor mans Mesa 400 but, the two have little in common sonically. It really is a solid, well made all tube amp. I’ve been using it with a 212 and have never had an issue with enough volume (YMMV). It makes a really awesome platform for pedals. I tend to run it with the master up all the way and control the volume with the pre as the preamp distortion is pretty unpleasant. It’s also dead quiet when not playing.
    Tubes are newish. Previous owner replaced them.
    Comes with the like new rack bag pictured. I’ve found these to be the best for loading in and out of my car. Much easier than a hard rack and easier on the interior.

$300 and let’s talk about shipping options

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    BrentSimons likes this.
  2. BZadlo

BZadlo Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Also, I know that you can find these for less but, I paid more to get one that is in excellent working order. This one needs nothing.

3. higain617

higain617

Sep 12, 2013
    WA
    Woah, someone else in Seattle with an Alpha Bass! I was worried mine may have been stolen.

BZadlo likes this.