1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey amp main board failure and recommendations for a replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by greentea, Jan 26, 2017.

1. greentea

greentea

Nov 27, 2014
    Hi,

My Peavey Max 115 MKii bass combo amp has recently packed in after only 2 years. I've had it looked over and have been told that the issue is with the main board and because of this it is uneconomical. I am just wondering has anybody else came across this problem with their Peavey amp? And also, can anyone recommend a decent replacement?

Thanks

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Have you called Peavey's customer support? They are in the best position to help you here.

3. Who told you that the issue is with the main board and is uneconomical to repair?

Having looked it up I see it’s a little practice amp. Still there should be repair options available to you.

How old is the amplifier?

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  4. greentea

greentea

Nov 27, 2014
    It was some guy who owns a guitar shop in the local area.

The amp is only 2 year old.

5. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Have you called Peavey customer support, perhaps it's still under warranty (unless the previous repair attempt voided that option)?

6. greentea

greentea

Nov 27, 2014
    No I hqvent been I touch with Peavey customer support but have spoken with the shop it was sold from and have been told it is out of warranty now .

7. Call Peavey not the store. :)

8. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Agreed. Call Peavey directly.

9. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Where are you located??? In the U.S. I believe their warranty is 2 years. Perhaps contacting Peavey directly might get you the most accurate information that your shop can not.

I'm also puzzled that they can't repair it at the component level... unless it's not a real repair facility. A real, qualified service tech should easily be able to service your amp, even if it's not in warranty. Maybe Peavey can recommend a qualified service center?