Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by godsmack, Jul 5, 2001.

1. hello everyone, i have a question about an amp... the Peavey Basic 112 Bass Amp... dose anyone have one, how is it? do you like it? and how much did you get it for?

2. Can't help you dude. i hope you don't mind but seeing as this is a peavey thread i need help too.

I was given a Peavey Rage 158 practice amp to repair, i got the clean channel to work again but for some reason the "distortion channel" is just a really loud clean channel.

Anywho, i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction by means of schematics etc. I have a feeling its a transistor in the distortion stage thats not clipping the signal anymore but i need to know what transistors i am looking at!

Merls

3. >dose anyone have one, how is it? do you like it? and how much did you get it for?

I own a lot of Peavey gear, among which a Basic 112 for practice that I got 3 years ago. It's a very good amp for that purpose. You can get a brand new one (which I suggest as many features have been updated) for about $240. Great value.

Don't lose sight of the fact that it is a practice amp and will not cut through a loud band. On the other hand, it's ideal for small gigs.

>i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction by means of schematics etc.

I would start out on the Peavey website and perhaps post on the repair forum.

John

4. Thanks John,
    yeah i've been playing for about 7 monthes now and i need a better one and my daddy might get this one for me, i'm not it a band yet but maybe soon =) ... thanks a lot for the help ~ godsmack