Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavey amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skeeter71, Dec 8, 2002.

1. skeeter71

skeeter71

Nov 28, 2002
    i have been playing for about 6 mounths,i need a bigger amp. i like grunge and some funk type stuff, i was lookin around and found a 15 inch speaker peavey amp with 75 or 100 watts for like 360 dollars. im looking for a clare practice amp and has the capability for playing in some small shows, one loud enough to jam with that doesnt get all distorted at louder situations. sound like a good buy??? any suggestions????:confused:

2. ashtray9

ashtray9

Aug 1, 2002
    Tempe Arizona
    First wait untill you can play, and then get at least 200 watts.

3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Agreed, BUT to answer Skeeter' question, (and maybe he's looking to the future;) ) do a search. There have been TONS of discussions on PV.

BTW, what model is it? New? Used? $360 may be good, it may not depending on model.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Uh,, right.....he's been playing for 6 months, and have you ever heard him play? how about not being such a jerk? you can go ahead, and get the higher wattage amp if you want to play with a drummer, always good practise. They say for a "jazz drummer" with a soft hit you can get by with 50 watts, but i'd say if your spending money, go at least 200. they say 100 watt amps can go with "rock" drummers.... but your gonna want more power someday. As far as peavey amps go, their great, and last forever. sure, their no eden or mesa, but they have good tone, and last forever,,,, did i mention they last forever????? :confused:

5. skeeter71

skeeter71

Nov 28, 2002
    its a new amp. i dont know the model name.

6. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    I have had plenty of Peavey gear, and liked most of it. I had one of their 75w series and wasn't that impressed. Their 150w models with a Black Widow will make alot of sound and cut thru a mix well.

7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    And most have a speaker out that can drive a 4 ohm cab. So, when $$ permits, add a 2x10 or something, and really cut thru.