1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey amps, Kosmos-C, what is this?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ProDigit, Nov 18, 2018.

1. ProDigit

ProDigit

Apr 12, 2005
    Miami USA
    Any more technical information on what Kosmos C is?
    All I can find online is that it is some sort of subharmonics processor, but how does it sound like? Does it do what Behringer does, by just adding an octaver? Or is it just a boosted 30-100Hz EQ (or whatever frequency) setting?
    Does it scoop? Affect the brights and mids? Does it compress the lows?
    I mean, if any company comes out with any kind of new technology, it'd be nice to help us understand what it exactly does, as not all new technologies are something I am looking to adopt.

2. ProDigit

ProDigit

Apr 12, 2005
    Miami USA
    Found an article somewhat describing it, in one of their PA amplifiers.
    Not sure if this is the same Kosmos as their bass amps.
    Peavey Kosmos |

3. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    I recently played through a Peavey MAX 150 at GC and was quite impressed. It was really loud. It did have the Kosmos C and it does do the down octave thing kind of like Ashdown (which Behringer ripped off) but doesn't sound the same. I can't say much more because I turned it off to explore the amp more, but I do recall thinking it could be useful in a couple of songs.