1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey and Schecter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by H3rEye51nRoam, Feb 18, 2004.

1. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    Hey guys. What are your thoughts on the Peavey Grind ntb basses? I previously bought a Schecter Diamond Series Stiletto Elite 4 used on here a couple weeks ago yet had problems with it and have to send it back. So now I will just be purchasing a new bass. I plan to get the Schecter Diamond Series Stiletto Custom 4 unless someone recommends something else. I have no more than $500 to spend. What would your suggestions be? When I bought my amp last weekend I played the Schecter I plan to buy there and love the feel and everything and it is just a little lighter than the Elite that I had which is great. I do like the looks and that of the Grind though and heard they were decent yet who knows. When I was at GC, the guy there was recommending the Schecter since they said they are quality basses. So I am thinking that it may be what I will buy. Oh well thanks guys. Just want a third opinion here. Later.

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I've only played one Grind NTB, it was a six string and it sounded, looked, and played really nice. However, the thing weighed about a hundred pounds, it was the heaviest bass I've ever experienced. I would never buy it because of that. I've read that they differ from bass to bass how heavy they are. :meh:

3. with $500 you can buy a lot of bass:
    used:
    peavey millennium usa
    peavey g-bass
    spector rebop (if you look hard enough)
    fender geddy lee
    blah blah blah... im a big fan of bang for the buck and for the money i dont think you can beat a used peavey millennium... i just saw one go for like $405 on ebay

4. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    I'll second the Peavey Milllennium recommendation (the USA-made models not the new BXP) - I bought mine new (although somewhat shopworn) for $500 from Daddy's Junky Music (a New England based chain). Other regional chains or large independent stores may still have a few in stock. Good luck in your hunt!

5. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Here's a nice Schecter California custom for you, if I it was a five string I could go for it!
    [​IMG]

$399.00 on ebay, no bids yet though,

Ebay link :bassist:

6. I bought a new Schecter C-4 last October and really love
    this bass. I rarely use my MIA Fender Jazz bass anymore.
    Just a great playing and looking bass. It will be on stage with me tonight.
    Getting a Diamond Series bass case is another matter. It's
    still on backorder since last October. ;)