Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey and Schecter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by H3rEye51nRoam, Feb 18, 2004.

1. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    Hey guys. What are your thoughts on the Peavey Grind ntb basses? I previously bought a Schecter Diamond Series Stiletto Elite 4 used on here a couple weeks ago yet had problems with it and have to send it back. So now I will just be purchasing a new bass. I plan to get the Schecter Diamond Series Stiletto Custom 4 unless someone recommends something else. I have no more than $500 to spend. What would your suggestions be? When I bought my amp last weekend I played the Schecter I plan to buy there and love the feel and everything and it is just a little lighter than the Elite that I had which is great. I do like the looks and that of the Grind though and heard they were decent yet who knows. When I was at GC, the guy there was recommending the Schecter since they said they are quality basses. So I am thinking that it may be what I will buy. Oh well thanks guys. Just want a third opinion here. Later.

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I've only played one Grind NTB, it was a six string and it sounded, looked, and played really nice. However, the thing weighed about a hundred pounds, it was the heaviest bass I've ever experienced. I would never buy it because of that. I've read that they differ from bass to bass how heavy they are. :meh:

3. with $500 you can buy a lot of bass:
    used:
    peavey millennium usa
    peavey g-bass
    spector rebop (if you look hard enough)
    fender geddy lee
    blah blah blah... im a big fan of bang for the buck and for the money i dont think you can beat a used peavey millennium... i just saw one go for like $405 on ebay

4. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    I'll second the Peavey Milllennium recommendation (the USA-made models not the new BXP) - I bought mine new (although somewhat shopworn) for $500 from Daddy's Junky Music (a New England based chain). Other regional chains or large independent stores may still have a few in stock. Good luck in your hunt!

5. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Here's a nice Schecter California custom for you, if I it was a five string I could go for it!
    [​IMG]

$399.00 on ebay, no bids yet though,

Ebay link :bassist:

6. I bought a new Schecter C-4 last October and really love
    this bass. I rarely use my MIA Fender Jazz bass anymore.
    Just a great playing and looking bass. It will be on stage with me tonight.
    Getting a Diamond Series bass case is another matter. It's
    still on backorder since last October. ;)