Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey any good

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Russy, Aug 26, 2002.

1. I don't know if I should buy a peavey 300w combo. This would be my first time buying a used amp.Any tips I can look for to tell if this amp is passed it sell by date.Thanx.

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Peavey are a good brand. Just play with the amp and see what YOU think. If it is dirty, or needs a new paint job, thats fine, but if it has buggered electrics or anything else that is vital, i wouldnt worry about it too much.

3. Thier amps are pretty good. How ever I recently played through a peavey bamb at a retailer. I was just awe by the sound it had and the many sounds and effects it produced. If you can afford one I reccomend it.

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Yeah I dig peavey... You can't go wrong with peavey gear.. they are built to last foreverrrr

5. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    I had a Peavey Combo for 20 years and never had a problem with it. The only reason I got rid of it was because I needed more power. When the Combo first came out it was 150 watts, then later on they made them 300 watts. Peavey is awesome.

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If the amp sounds good to you and does all that you need it to, it would be a good choice.

I read time and time again how Peavey stands behind their products and keeps a supply of parts for a long period of time...

7. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I agree with all the above. I have a 25 year old Peavey combo that has been used abused and then some, and i never had a single problem with it. Bought a few other amps over the years including SWRs and Ampegs and always came back to my 130 watt Peavey. It has had more than what I needed for every single gig I've ever played - and that's a lot of gigs.