1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey any good

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Russy, Aug 26, 2002.

1. I don't know if I should buy a peavey 300w combo. This would be my first time buying a used amp.Any tips I can look for to tell if this amp is passed it sell by date.Thanx.

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Peavey are a good brand. Just play with the amp and see what YOU think. If it is dirty, or needs a new paint job, thats fine, but if it has buggered electrics or anything else that is vital, i wouldnt worry about it too much.

3. Thier amps are pretty good. How ever I recently played through a peavey bamb at a retailer. I was just awe by the sound it had and the many sounds and effects it produced. If you can afford one I reccomend it.

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Yeah I dig peavey... You can't go wrong with peavey gear.. they are built to last foreverrrr

5. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    I had a Peavey Combo for 20 years and never had a problem with it. The only reason I got rid of it was because I needed more power. When the Combo first came out it was 150 watts, then later on they made them 300 watts. Peavey is awesome.

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If the amp sounds good to you and does all that you need it to, it would be a good choice.

I read time and time again how Peavey stands behind their products and keeps a supply of parts for a long period of time...

7. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I agree with all the above. I have a 25 year old Peavey combo that has been used abused and then some, and i never had a single problem with it. Bought a few other amps over the years including SWRs and Ampegs and always came back to my 130 watt Peavey. It has had more than what I needed for every single gig I've ever played - and that's a lot of gigs.