1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Axcelerator question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Down Low Joe, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Just this past weekend I puchased a very nice used Axcelerator. Since a haven't had an active bass since the early 80's, I have a question on the controls for this thing. Mine has what apeers to be a standard volume knob, a satndard tone knob and then a pair of stacked knobs. So what are these supposed to do? I have been unable to find a manual for this bass on the Peavey archives. Also what can be expected for battery life on this instrument? Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It's a volume, a pickup blend, and bass/treble stacked. I can't remember which is on top, the bass or the treble. I have a 6 string Axcelerator, it is amazing, I want a 5 or 4 string also if I can find one at the right price. It's an 18V active cirucuit so it takes two 9 volt batteries which last a long time.

3. Stevem627

Stevem627

Nov 30, 2005
    Corinth, TX
    I have an Axcelerator Plus 4 string that I love. The top knob is treble, and the bottom is bass.

You can download the manual from Peavey''s site...or I will email you a copy if you can't find it -- jsut let me know if you need it.

4. Thanks for the information on my new old bass. I finally had a chance to play it more today and figured out the blend knob and tone controls. I am just amazed at the range of tones available on this one bass. Its a cream colored Axcelerator Plus with rosewood board and gold hardware. I have had and lost very some nice basses over the last 42 years but I will keep this one no matter what. I checked for a manual on the Peavey site and they didn't list a manual, so if you could e mail one I 'd greatly appreciate it.
    Down Low Joe, lovin' life in the bass clef!

5. no pics no bass

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Here's mine. I bought it used here on talkbass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]