1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Axelerator Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by baddarryl, Dec 31, 2017.

1. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Hi all. This one is for sale locally. Can anyone tell me about it? The are asking $350 with original case. I am sorry but this is the only pic of it. Thanks. 00a0a_Zy9H6H2e8p_1200x900.

2. Can't say I've saw a fretless Axcelerator before. Have a fretted 5 myself. Weighs next to nothing,2 piece neck so it's stable as get out. 2 band EQ. If I ever decide to sell there's a lady in England just praying for that day :D

Peavey case would get you maybe $50 so that's a fairly uncommon bass for $300,I say fairly uncommon as it's a production line bass. When they build one they build 100 :thumbsup: Is it worth $300 ? That's one lovely fingerboard so I'm thinking it's worth it :) When I weigh the $350 up against the $320 a place in NY is asking for a busted fretted one then I'd be calling those folks to arrange a viewing.

What else does $350 get you locally ?

3. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I own an Axcelerator 6 and it is a great bass. I have yet to try a Peavey fretless that was not wonderful. Somebody at Peavey really understood how to build a fretless as they are consistently great playing basses with no fingerboard problems.

The price is not too bad considering the bass comes with the case.

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

snag it and play!