1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey B-Quad question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bman, Nov 6, 2001.

1. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    I found a used B-Quad 4 for $899. They only have a bag for it.
    My question is this: The bass seems to have a fairly unique shape. Can you get a hardshell case to fit it? Will it fit in any other case, except for one specifically made for the B-Quad?
    I realize they're not in production anymore, so I'm curious how hard it would be to hunt down a HS case.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    When I had a B-Quad, it came with the OHSC, so I never had to look for one. I'd check some SKB models, they might have a generic case that'll fit any shape, including the B-Quad's.

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    It's a little odd-shaped, but not so large that it wouldn't fit inside a standard Jazz-sized case, I think. Bob Mick built the pre-Peavey originals; I don't know if he has a website or not.

4. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I remember seeing Brian Bromberg say that he'd come up with the shape by basically taking a Jazz bass and cutting away parts, so that it "felt just like a Jazz strapped on with your eyes closed". I'd be surprised if a case designed to hold a Jazz wouldn't fit.